The Truth About Annuities: What You Need to Know Before Taking the Plunge
It's Time to Get The Facts.
Thinking about diving into the world of annuities? Well, hold your horses! You’re about to embark on a journey that could be financially life-changing.
The Annuity Talk
Just the other day, I found myself in the same old situation – having “the talk” about annuities.
“I’m sorry Bill, I know what he’s telling you…
…but just listen to me for a minute…
…that’s not how that annuity actually works.
Yes, that annuity has a bonus and it’s “guaranteed” but that doesn’t mean you’re actually earning a good return.
In fact, over the long haul you’d be lucky to make 1% per year.
Let me show you why that annuity is too good to be true.”
Unfortunately, this is a conversation I have ALL the time with people who talk to me about their annuities..
The Typical Annuity Predicament
It’s frustrating because, every day, I see folks who take the plunge into annuities only to end up in the same old situations:
- Shifting Cap Rates: Insurance companies have the knack for tweaking cap rates, which can spell doom for your investment performance.
- Lackluster Income Riders: Income riders often offer minimal value, essentially handing back your hard-earned money at returns barely scraping 1%.
- And Then Some: There’s a laundry list of other problems that folks encounter.
Still skeptical? Allow me to reassure you that, in my role as a Fiduciary, Fee-Based Financial Advisor, I’ve witnessed it all.
Annuity Horror Stories
- The Churning Circus: I’ve met retirees who were sold over 20 different annuities in a churn scheme (as far as I can tell purely for the agent’s commission).
- Fee Fiasco: I’ve seen annuities with close to 4% in fees eat away at the principal until all that was left was the “guaranteed” payment that never increased (essentially liquidating that person’s legacy).
- Ever-Changing Cap Rates: I’ve seen company after company change cap rates in 8, 12, or 20 year products killing performance in a product you can’t get out of…
- Hidden Complexities: And I’ve had to show people (countless times) how it’s all hidden deep within the contract and that their Annuity Salesman probably didn’t truly understand what they were selling.
And I’ve had enough.
The Solution: "The Truth About Annuities"
I’ve reached a breaking point, which is why I’ve put together a valuable resource for you – a free video presentation aptly titled:
"The Truth About Annuities"
✅ I’ll walk you through an annuities REAL returns and performance over time so you can see for yourself how their “guarantees” have enormous costs and hidden risks.
✅ And we’ll break down the hidden issues in the contract the salesman never seem to talk about so you can finally see an annuity for what it truly is.
Debunking Annuity Myths
So, if you’re wondering if you should buy an annuity, and you’ve heard that they:
- Provide you with a lifetime income?
- Assure an increasing stream of income?
- Safeguard your nest egg from depletion?
But the nagging doubt lingers – does it all seem too good to be true?
It’s time to unveil the truth.
Before you take that leap into annuities, arm yourself with knowledge. “The Truth About Annuities” will equip you with the insights you need to make an informed decision. Don’t let annuities remain a mystery – it’s time to demystify them once and for all.
Ready to uncover the secrets of annuities and make an informed decision about your financial future? Fill out the form below to gain access now and take control of your financial destiny. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to secure your financial well-being.
Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy, or product (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended or undertaken by Ironwood Financial, LLC), or any non-investment related content, made reference to directly or indirectly in this newsletter will be profitable, equal any corresponding indicated historical performance level(s), be suitable for your portfolio or individual situation, or prove successful. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions and/or applicable laws, the content may no longer be reflective of current opinions or positions. Moreover, you should not assume that any discussion or information contained in this newsletter serves as the receipt of, or as a substitute for, personalized investment advice from Ironwood Financial, LLC. To the extent that a reader has any questions regarding the applicability of any specific issue discussed above to his/her individual situation, he/she is encouraged to consult with the professional advisor of his/her choosing. Ironwood Financial, LLC is neither a law firm nor a certified public accounting firm and no portion of the newsletter content should be construed as legal or accounting advice. If you are a Ironwood Financial, LLC client, please remember to contact Ironwood Financial, LLC, in writing, if there are any changes in your personal/financial situation or investment objectives for the purpose of reviewing/evaluating/revising our previous recommendations and/or services. A copy of the Ironwood Financial, LLC’s current written disclosure statement discussing our advisory services and fees is available upon request.