Do you know how much you’re paying in “hidden” fees? If not, then this video is for you.
If you’re an investor then you’ve most likely asked this ultra-crucial question at some point in your career:
“How much am I really paying in fees?”
The problem is that many fees are hidden, glossed over or exclusively hidden by advisors, banks or investment companies. Leaving you to wonder “what’s the honest truth?”
To help give you clarity, we’re going to cover the most misunderstood fees out there. And while many of you might already know about investment management fees, commissions or how much you’re paying an advisor we’re going to cover a few that you’ve probably never heard of.
As always, we’re on a mission to give you the truth about all things retirement related in the Tucson area so this is something we’re not afraid to tackle.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
- Make sure you’re advisor fee is 1% or lower.
- Understand what you’re investment management fees, internal expenses or expense ratio is.
- Don’t miss the affect that your turnover ratio can have on your portfolio.
- Understand that the larger the fund doesn’t always mean lower costs when it comes to market dynamics and “hidden” turnover costs.
- And finally, make sure you understand how taxes works in each of your accounts.
No matter the approach or strategy you need to know every single possible cost that you face so you can avoid anything unnecessary.
That’s why we advise that you get a fee review with someone who can walk you through all the costs without trying to hide or gloss over the details.
The more educated you are, the safer you’ll be. But taking unnecessary risks because you haven’t done your due diligence? That’s not something we’d recommend.
Like always, if you’re facing retirement and need a second opinion learn about what makes us different, we’ll audit your entire strategy to make sure you’re on the right path.